Rescheduling the 2020 Spring Semester Start Dates
Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) continues to monitor the evolving novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) situation in mainland China and around the world. SUSTech has prioritized the well-being of everyone at SUSTech while minimizing disruption to our students’ education.
SUSTech has been following and will continue to support the expert advice of national, provincial, and municipal health departments as they relate to 2019-nCoV. With that in mind, there have been further amendments to SUSTech’s teaching and working arrangements.
I. Arrangements for faculty and university employees
- All university employees shall return to work on February 10th (Monday).
- All teaching and research faculty, teaching faculty, and teaching assistants (TA) shall return to work on February 10th(Monday).
- The time for visiting personnel (visiting scholars, visiting students, part-time teachers) to return to work shall be provided in due course.
- The registration date for new recruits is to be determined, and registration is suspended for the time being.
- Faculty members and staff are encouraged to work from home for as long as possible while observing the daily health reporting system.
- Those staff returning to campus are required to abide by the epidemic prevention and control regulations of the University (SUSTech Epidemic Prevention and Control  No. 10).
II.Arrangements for researchers
The tentative time for research faculty, research assistants (RA), postdoctoral fellows, and other researchers to return to work is adjusted from February 17 to February 24.
III. Arrangements for students
- According to the relevant requirements of the Guangdong Provincial Bureau of Education, classes will not start on campus before the end of February. Students (undergraduate, postgraduate and international) shall be notified of the resumption of classes in due course.
- Students shall not return to campus until further notice. Some general education courses within the science module shall commence online classes on February 10th. Other courses shall start online classes from February 17th.
- The Teaching Affairs Office will provide detailed plans in due course.
- All departments and units shall fulfill their responsibilities in the prevention and control of 2019-nCoV.
- Faculty members, staff, and students are required to follow provincial and university regulations regarding self-isolation and quarantine.
- The Teaching Affairs Office, Graduate School, and Student Affairs Office will continue to update all students as new information becomes available.
- Updates will be posted to the SUSTech website and WeChat page as appropriate, and by bulk email as necessary.
Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech)
(Posted on February 7th, 2020)
Call for Papers with the Theme of "Unite Our Strength in SUSTech, Fight for the outbreak with Pens "